I leave for the airport in less than six hours, but I haven't updated in so long that y'all are just gonna have to git what you git and not throw a fit.
1. House of Hijinx continues to fill itself with radsauce at every possible opportunity. Cynthia built us an outdoor living room and I think I may just as well call that my bedroom until the weather turns. I love her SO.
2. When I pick my kids up, I'm like, "Do you guys want to stop for some burgers and meth amphetamine on the way home?" NO. WE JUST WANT TO GO TO CYNTHIA'S! IS GIGI GOING TO BE HOME!?!?
3. It takes me 14 minutes to get to work at 10AM. And 47 minutes to get to work at 5PM.
4. I've gained ten pounds. (All thanks to the fact that gin has more calories than vodka and I can't stop eating these stoopid-good raw, vegan, peanut butter, protein, nut balls I've been making.) (Recipe coming soon!)
5. My left hip hates me. OFFICIALLY. It would probably be a good idea to stop standing like a valley girl with my hip cocked out all the time, but still. I ran eight miles yesterday. Because yeah. Fuck you, hip. Fuck you SIDEWAYS, extra ten pounds.
6. I want to find a crossfit gym because I watched Sam do the Spartan race and I want to be that girl who climbs up the muddy rope next to him next year. I only promise not to become a cult member or start proselytizing the paleo diet.
7. I'm 100% in denial about the fact that school starts in less than two weeks. Nope! It's going to be summer FOREVER! (It's already raining rightthisminute!)
8. I'm only 50% in denial about the fact that I'm in love. Again. And I'm not ready to talk about it, really, except to say that I have a weakness for bald, ex-evangelical geeks who own the rhythm section and know how to lay it in the cut.
10. We brought the chickens when we moved in and we've only found ONE egg since. Cinnamon Chip is brooding - her feathers are so plucked out that she looks like a bitch in heat - but the blackberries are overgrown and we can't find her nest! I'm pretty sure we'll be able to smell it soon enough. I pity the foo who finds it.
11. Before the sun comes up, we'll be on our way to California for a long weekend with my parents and sibs at a condo on a lake in the Sierras (don't hate me because I'm beautiful lucky). I packed my new trail shoes, but I'm not bringing my computer and my brother is bringing his boat. I can't think of a more perfect end to such a terrifyingly tragic summer.