This week I set three goals for myself: blog every day, run every day, and drink no booze. So far, so good, except today I was so exhausted I only ran a mile and all you're getting tonight is a list of random things I've been meaning to talk about.
1. I keep forgetting to apologize for all the self-portraits I've been taking lately. I promise it has nothing to do with my ego and everything to do with the fact that my iPhone camera broke, so it's been selfie or nothing. The good news is I get a new phone tomorrow, just in time to take pictures of all my furniture so I can sell it on Craigslist. (It's a free replacement phone, btw, since I'm still under warranty.)
2. Did I mention that the new house is only five minutes from Sauvie Island? Because YES. YESYESYESYESYES! That beach has become my home away from home. I love it so. I'm getting more excited about the move every day.
3. Alex woke up at 3AM barfing last night, so he decided to stay at his dad's today. I think it was mostly because he didn't want to have to drive over here, but normally little boys want their mommies when they get sick. It's nice to see Dave doing the barf laundry instead of me. I'm lucky he's such a good dad.
4. The barf also meant I got to hang out with Genoa all day by myself. My children are infinitely more fun when they aren't in the same room (or house) (or nationstate), so aside from the 90 seconds it took me to brush her hair, we got along gangbusters. She even helped me pick out a headlamp for my camping trip before we went to the beach.
5. Every time I stop drinking, I gain weight. This is a cruel, cruel injustice considering how many of my daily calories normally come from gin. This time, instead of giving in to the sweet, skinny lure of the juniper berry, I'm getting back at my body instead. By torturing it. Weight training, yoga, lap swimming. runningrunningrunning. Imma show this (that?) (thine?) bitch who's boss. (Don't worry, I'm only taking a week off from the sauce for my bi-annual liver cleanse.)
6. In my spare time (Ha!) I'm reading Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins. I like any book that starts with beets.
7. I've almost entirely stopped cooking and it makes me feel like a really bad feminist. Aside from making beans and rice and/or pizza for Samnterry, I only ever cook when men come over. (Which is more rare than you'd think.) The only thing I make for myself is burritos. Sometimes a salad. This should make me sadder than it does, but I'm too busy to give a shit. (I do look forward to cooking for Cynthia though!)
8. Maybe tomorrow I'll get brave enough to talk about dating and how it is EXACTLY like running. (And why you should do both!)