I keep a little red moleskin notebook in my purse and constantly fill it with crazy thoughts. Mostly I use it as a place to take notes while I people watch, but lately I've been amusing myself by trying to come up with a life list. Since we aren't really able to contribute to our financial goals right now (a thought that can get depressing to a financial planner), it's been really helpful for me to keep a list of things I can look forward to. Whenever I find myself wallowing, I just add something to the list. It's a work in progress.
1. See a rodeo.
2. Eat sushi.
3. Collaborate with my father on a charity.
4. Own a weekend car. Preferably something with fins. Bonus if it doesn't fit in the garage.
5. Go blond for a year.
6. Become the primary breadwinner. Sooner rather than later.
7. Memorize the lyrics to "Right Round" by Flo Rida.
8. Ride the bull at a country western bar.
9. Go back to Argentina. With the kids.
10. Have sexy photos taken for Dave.
11. Shoot my own dinner.
12. Become a published novelist. (Seeing my book on a shelf at Target would make this list null and void because my body will be at the morgue. Cause of death: happiness.)
13. Run for a political office.
14. Leave a $100 tip.
15. Believe in god. Just for a day.
16.Teach my daughter to shoot.
17. Rent a Fiat convertible in Italy and finally get that honeymoon with Dave.
18. Make a fortune and give it all away before I die.
19. Watch my nephews for a week every year (as soon as they're old enough).
20. Run an 8-minute mile. Once.
21. Finish reading Pride and Prejudice.
22. Volunteer as a lactation consultant (and specialize in helping women who work and pump).
23. Host exchange students when the kids are in high school.
24. Own a horse and the land it requires.
25. Spend a week with my childhood best friend (Jill) when she has a baby.
26. Own a wardrobe I love. Even if it's a size 14
27. Get a Brazilian wax.
28. Take Genoa to Europe the year she turns 16.
29. Be there and healthy when my grandchildren graduate from college.
30. Blog once a week for the rest of my life.
31. Start that band.