I feel like I've FINALLY managed to have a productive day for a change. Friday SLAYED me. Absolutely did. me. in. I had so much to do and the baby did nothing but sit at my feet and scream bloody murder all day. I know you think I'm joking about the ear-piercing nature of her screams, but DUDE, I only wish it was a joke.
At around 2:30 I was completely exasperated after having tried to get her to take a nap for over two hours. She had finally fallen asleep nursing and I was about to put her in her crib and finally, for the love of all that is good and holy, take a stinkin' SHOWER, when Dave called and the phone woke her up.
The man is lucky to be alive.
At my wits end, I called him back and he rushed home to save me. Of course, by then Genoa had cried herself to sleep in her crib. Apparently she was even more exhausted than I was. As much as her screaming drives me to drink, she is one adorable little girl. I'd suffer years of screaming if it earned me even a minute of her laughter. Or one of her chubby thighs for a snack:
Anyway, today was so much better I could almost cry tears of real, unmitigated joy. So far, I've:
* Showered. (Woo hoo!)
* Gone to the post office to stuff, label & mail 40 party invitations.
* Donated 9 bags of excess toys to Goodwill. (Double woo hoo!)
* Gone to the grocery store. (where no one screamed or threw anything!)
* Finally fed my children something other than stale cheerios.
* Picked up and vacuumed.
* Had two different companies come out and give me estimates for moving our stuff.
* Called a third for another estimate.
* Read, responded to, deleted and banned a blog troll. (Triple woo hoo!)